Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier Sheathing:
There are several companies who offer sheathing products with aluminum foil laminated to the back. However, these pre-laminated sheathing sheets are not recommended as the perforations in the aluminum sheets tend to get plugged up by the adhesives causing and unintended vapor retardant. This vapor retardant could stop the passage of water vapor through the material causing condensation to form at the roof decking leading to mold and/or rot.
With our Perforated Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier, you can make your own durable reflective sheathing for a fraction of the cost. Just staple our 48” wide foil products to regular OSB or Plywood sheathing for a superior product.
- Use our industrial grade perforated Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier for this job
- Unroll 51” wide Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier over the sheathing and staple it in place.
- Cut foil off at the end of the sheathing.
- You have just made reflective roof decking at a savings of about 35 cents per sq ft.
- When installing, face aluminum side down toward the attic space.