Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier as House Wrap:
Our Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier can double as a building wrap to create a “air tight” structure. Our Perforated Radiant Barrier is industrial strength and has the ability to “breathe” (let moisture pass) while still sealing and preventing air infiltration. Not only that, but it will cut down on radiant heat gain or radiant heat loss through your walls. Why not benefit from both properties by installing it as a building wrap?
- Perforated Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier is recommended (creates air barrier)
- Non-perforated Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier is acceptable in some areas (creates vapor barrier)
- Unroll Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier and staple to the outside of the wall board or exterior sheathing
- Tape all seams and around all penetrations
- Install 1x furring strips if necessary to create 3/4" air space to allow radiant barrier to work. Note: an air space is required on at least one side of the material for proper performance
- Apply exterior veneer
Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier on Walls:
Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier can be attached to the interior side of a wall or knee wall to cut down on radiant heat loss in the winter or radiant heat gain in the summer. Not only that, but this installation technique will help reduce the effects of wind washing on the insulation.
- Perforated Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier is recommended for this job
- Unroll the Ra-flect™ Radiant Barrier and staple to the in-side of the wall studs, leaving a 3/4" space between the radiant barrier and the exterior sheathing
- Overlap each run by approximately 2 inches
- Tape seams to help reduce air infiltration
- Install insulation in cavity space left over
- Ensure that insulation does not make radiant barrier touch exterior sheathing